Our Adult Social Care Community of Change programme provides
support for local authorities working to personalise their adult
social care services.
In Control pioneered self-directed support in public services.
We are committed to offer support which helps to enable people of
any age and their families to have control over their lives.
We are able to offer flexible support from our staff team,
associates and partner organisations across a number of sectors.
The ASC membership programme and additional bespoke support offers
councils a combination of practical development in all aspects of
delivery with access to up-to-date advice and information about
good practice which supports integration and the delivery of
How we've helped councils:
- Improving personal budget strategies including streamlining
process; checking results using the POET tool;
direct payments uptake; developing Individual Service Funds,
increasing take up withholder people; workforce development.
- Reducing the use of external placement.
- Developing Local Accounts using the Think Local Act Personal
Making it Real markers of personalisation progress.
- Supporting provider development including use of the Progress
for Providers personalisation tools, helping providers to reduce
use of paid support, introducing Individual Service Funds for
- Mapping and building community capacity.
- Leadership programmes with disabled people and families to
develop local "Partners in Policymaking".
What's on offer?
- Access to our national and international resources and
- Bespoke one-to-one organisational tailored improvement
- Access to online material and advice via our member's
- Knowledge exchange and events sharing practice about relevant
- Peer support through the Community of Change.
- The most up-to-date information about issues affecting the
sector and opportunity to influence national and local policy.
The cost for an annual membership is £5,500.00 plus VAT.
For more information, download the Community of Change
membership flyer below.