Membership for Local Authority Children's and Adult Services,
Provider Services from both independent and voluntary sectors,
Clinical Commissioning Groups, user led organisations, and Housing
Why become a member of In Control's Community of Change?
In Control's Community of Change membership reflects a
commitment to supporting people of any age and their families to
have control over their lives. You will be part of a vibrant
and growing 'can do' community of change making a positive
difference to people's lives. Being part of this exciting
membership offer gives you greater opportunity to access a wide
range of resources and improvement support.
Who can become a member?
Membership is open to any organisation, group or user led
service committed to inclusion, coproduction, citizenship and
self-directed support. This includes statutory services in
health, social care, housing and education, along with other types
of organisations interested in supporting change.
Our current membership consists of:
- Provider services from both independent and voluntary
- Local Authority Children's and Adult
- Clinical Commissioning Groups.
- User led organisations.
- Housing providers.
What do I get for my membership?
- Access to our national and international resources and
- Bespoke one-to-one organisational tailored improvement
- Access to online material and advice via our member's
- Knowledge exchange and events sharing practice about relevant
- Peer support through the Community of Change.
- The most up-to-date information about issues affecting the
sector and opportunity to influence national and local policy.
What does it look like practically?
Our offer, built on many years of successfully supporting
members and reflective practice, is based around this core of
- Individual days of bespoke support tailored to meet your
organisational challenges using a range of methods, including POET
and relevant performance assessment techniques. (Up to four
- Community of Change residential workshops, offering two places
at each for your organisation.
- Access to a range of best practice tools and resources to
support you via our member's portal on our website.
- A named support person who can support you and/or access
support from our network of associates and team members.
- Regular updates and briefings relevant to your area of work,
for example: children, adults, health and community
development. This will be supported by webinars for all
members covering a range of topics from age specific support to
family and people leadership.
- Access to the whole active and supportive community of
like-minded organisations and people, email and phone support,
sharing of good practice and community problem solving (including a
members only website).
- Opportunity to get involved in national and local developments
including Me My Family My Home, embedding and using the 'Whole Life
POET', and person-centred integration.
- Additional bespoke support when needed at member discounted
- Additional places for the residential workshops, member
What is the cost of Community Change
The cost for an annual membership is £5,500.00 plus VAT.
In Control offers a wide range of core support programmes
that can be tailored to your organisation, including:
- Helping to deliver positive cultures: working with
you and your services to transform the workplace and the experience
of people needing support; tackling historic cultures and practice
which blocks person-centered approaches to integration, support and
- Evidencing the effectiveness of self-directed support
through a whole life approach: listening to the people you
support, and those supporting them. A whole life /all-age approach
POET to gathering input from people using local integrated
- Developing real wealth: developing strength-based
and solutions-focused approaches to working and supporting people
of all ages.
- Making the most of co-production: to succeed,
change and transformation have to be driven through co-production
with all; people, services, providers and local communities working
together, including Partners in Policymaking and supporting citizen
- Shaping and responding to the market: transforming
the offer of support to adults, children, young people and families
by developing new provision, inclusive activities and
opportunities. Thinking about the implications of a new integrated
- Making personal budgets work: bringing together
personal health budgets, social care and education personal budgets
in sensible, simple ways that focus on best outcomes for
Where can I find out more?
For more information, please email: email@example.com or
telephone our support centre on 01564 821 650.