The Department of Health has published the 'Caring for our
future: reforming care and support' White Paper, which sets out the
vision for a reformed care and support system.
The new system will:
- focus on people's wellbeing and support them to stay
independent for as long as possible
- introduce greater national consistency in access to care and
- provide better information to help people make choices about
- give people more control over their care
- improve support for carers
- improve the quality of care and support
- improve integration of different services
You can find out more about the White Paper and the draft Care
and Support Bill on the Caring for our future site.
In Control will shortly be publishing a full response to the