In Control is the main strategic partner to the NHS England
Personal Health Budgets programme and a member of the advisory
board. Our health programme further builds on and enhances the
support offered through NHS England for those sites wanting to
really drive forward implementation.
We pioneered the concept of personal budgets in social care and
we are at the forefront of their development in other sectors,
including health. We have vast experience of working with health
organisations and are currently working in Oxfordshire, Tees and
Hull. Our established health programme activity provides the
support and expertise you need to meet the challenges of
introducing personal health budgets.
You can access our specialist skills and knowledge through
either membership of our health programme or through bespoke
Benefits of the programme and bespoke support
- Successfuly implementation of personal health budgets to
deliver real outcomes for people
- An understanding and appreciation of the benefits of
- An Opportunity to directly involve individuals and their
families in the development and co-production of policy and
practice and peer networking
- Access to a strong, national network, sharing learning,
expertise, best practice, tools and resources.
- An understanding of the legal and environmental context for
developing personal health budgets.
- Access to tried and tested approaches, such as models of
practice and health support planning etc.
Annual membership of the health programme will allow sites to
learn and deliver with our support and with the input of families,
allowing you to take forward your work to benefit your local
The programme includes:
- Three days on-site dedicated support - our expert advisers will
attend meetings and events or act as a 'critical friend'
- Spaces on national learning events
- Discounted rates on further in-depth on-site training, top-up
on-site support days and preferential rates at events
- Access to a strong, national network to share knowledge, skills
The programme costs £5500 (excluding VAT) for a one year
Bespoke support available includes:
- Workshop days tailored to your implementation stage
- Dedicated on-site support from our expert advisors and/or
playing a critical friend role.
- Mentoring for project leads.
- Facilitation and development of co-production, peer networks
and peer awareness.
- Facilitation of local or regional support networks/action
- Independent evaluation using the well used and respected Personal Outcomes Evaluation
Our day rate for bespoke work is £750 (excluding VAT and
Discounts are available for longer term or in-depth programmes of
To find out more about In Control's support for personal health
budgets, please contact Julie Stansfield at
email@example.com or on 01564 821650.