On the 5th March we will be holding a full-day event on Building
Community Capacity for organisations across the Eastern region. The
event has proven very popular in the region and is now fully booked
and operating a waiting list.
The event in Cambridge on the 5th March will:
- Raise awareness of the importance of building community
capacity and the business case for a community-based approach
- Share and disseminate toolkits and materials that can help
organisations build community capacity
- Explore useful methods of engaging people and communities in
building community capacity
- Support providers and commissioners to take next steps and to
embed the principles in day-to-day practice.
And it will include:
- Explanation of concepts such as social capital
- Information about the national policy context and what this
means for providers
- Introduction to Appreciative Inquiry and other engagement
- Action planning and strategy development around issues that
matter to participants.
We are also planning to run a similar event in the North west
later this year.